Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14 Final Blog Reflections




While I’ve always deeply analyzed my books in ways such as Ms.Rear has set a precedent towards, I haven’t always known to write my ideas down. When my writing passion first took hold, I would spew out every last word in my mind until there was nothing left. Keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with following this mindset of spewing out ideas onto paper as a base layer for the writing, but I was simply relying on this as what my writing was. I lacked finesse, though I had my ideas. During the creation and tireless up keep of my blog, I realized that my weakness was not what was being written, but how it was being written. Not only did I learn to put a name to all my meaningless jumbled ideas, but I was able to grow from an average writer to someone who was able to feel confident about his writing.

When one writes an online piece, they write for the world, versus privately, where they write strictly for themselves. While the mere difference is clicking “Post” or “Save As,” each comes with a completely different mindset, which is not for everyone. When people write, or do anything online, for that matter, they are able to become whoever they want to be, and, in some cases, that is not who they actually are. The fact you never know for sure what or who someone online is means that every single person you meet on the internet creates themselves, based on how their mind perceives them to be, or how they want themselves to be.

This allows people to say what they want, do what they want, and act how they want, without the repercussions – essentially, it’s as if the whole world has their eyes shut tight and one is free to write what one pleases. This can go one of two ways – people are able to freely share their ideas and beliefs with the world, whether positive or negative, without fear of consequences, or, as the internet is more commonly used, as a mask and a barrier for bullies to hide behind to say what they want to a person, without actually being at risk of the person fighting back.

No matter where or what someone is doing, there are always going to be people who see both sides to someone. It is impossible to create a new you, because that would result in your destruction, rather people can choose what part of them is projected where and to who, but often parts slip through. All of everyone is always present, it’s just how it’s expressed that changes, and the internet is like a sifter that sifts out what one doesn’t want to show and releases the rest – but some naughty little pebbles always seep through with the sand.  


No comments:

Post a Comment